Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Endo Story. Part 1

November 1999. I was in my first year of college. During my French class I started feeling really odd. I felt really nauseated, stabbing stomach pain, but mostly extreme light-headedness. After class I went into the restroom and sat on the floor trying to throw up, thinking that if I did, it would help me feel better. After an unsuccessful half hour or so I finally decided to just go home, I only lived a few blocks away. I splashed some water on my face and looked in the mirror. I was shocked by what I saw. I was ash white, gray really. My lips were gray also. It was very disturbing. I managed to make it about 50 feet or so. To a bench by the fountain, when I had to sit down again. By this time I was close to tears. I didn't know if/how I could make it home and I was praying that Heavenly Father would send some one to help me. Nearly immediately there was a girl talking to me, but I brushed her off and she left. And then I realized that she might have been the help I needed. Luckily for me a friend of mine came by on his way to class and stopped to help. He helped me stumble my way home. I spent much of the afternoon throwing up and being too dizzy to walk. I had several good friends around that offered their help and opinions as to what was wrong with me. We concluded that I must have been dehydrated.

I wasn't.

This was my first "episode" of what I now know as Endometriosis.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I had no idea, Erin! I am so sorry! Thank you for sharing. It is good to put things like this out there for others that may experience the same symptoms. And although I don't have that problem, now someday I might be able to help someone else. That is so amazing that you have those two beautiful boys even after your symptoms had started! What a miracle!

    ReplyDelete